infolink

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DotNetNuke Module Deployment

Yesterday I posted a DotNetNuke Module in DotNetNuke version 4.9.2. At that time, when I would bring up the page I put the module on, nothing but the skin would appear. I did the following to troubleshoot it:

  • Check code - exact match
  • Check DNN Event Log - clean
  • Look for errors - none
  • Restart Site - same issue
  • Check Windows Logs - clean
  • Bang Head against desk - same issue, although now I have a headache
Lastly, I decided to go line by line in the code to figure out where my module was failing and not causing any errors.

I am currently using an ASP.NET MultiView, which I populate using XSLT. The XSLT file I call when doing the transform had a local path, since the file was not found, the control don't load. Funny my try catch didn't work, but as soon as I changed the path to the XSLT file everything worked out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon1