infolink

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Agent Ransack an Awesome free tool!

Figure I should pass this on, especially to those that have found google desktop to be a hog and windows search not working as expected.

Many times I have found myself looking for that file, the text in the file, or occurrences of a term in multiple files.

For so long I delt with what I knew of, which wasn't much then stated above. Well, one day someone suggested this program to me called Agent Ransack.

The minute I installed it, I fell in love. It works so well and has helped me immensely, especially when it comes to diving into someone else's code. It not only tells you the files the term occurs in, it tells you the line numbers in the file (yuuuuuuuummmmm).

Anyway, I do not work for them, was never asked to review this, I just want to pass this on. You can download it for free here:

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/Page.aspx?page=download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon1