infolink

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DotNetNuke Search Module

Over the last week I had a request to create or extend the dotnetnuke core search module. Well thinking this should be simple, I dove right in.

What a mess, who would have written this, this way, what a pain. Out of the box, searching pages created and edited in dotnetnuke, no problem, works like a charm. Plug in other modules, the option of video, and sorting by category and what we got here is a clusterf*ck.

So, time to write into the core and extend with my lovely thumbnail control. I hate changing the core and will try to use a custom control, but I have a feeling seeing how the ISearchable interface is, I may have to make some changes to the core.

Will post more about this adventure later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon1